... for persecution is worse than slaughter..(part of 2:191)
Join photobucket today!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Syria: US Mosque Attack

April 18, 2017 12:00AM EDT

(Washington, DC) – United States forces appear to have failed to take necessary precautions to avoid civilian casualties in a March 16, 2017 strike that killed at least 38 people in western Aleppo in Syria, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today.

The 16-page report, “Attack on the Omar Ibn al-Khatab Mosque: US Authorities’ Failure to Take Adequate Precautions,” found that statements by US military authorities after the attack indicate that they failed to understand that the targeted building was a mosque, that prayer was about to begin, and that a religious lecture was taking place at the time of the attack. A proper analysis of the target and its use would probably have established at least some of these elements. Human Rights Watch has not found evidence to support the allegation that members of al-Qaeda or any other armed group were meeting in the mosque.


“The US seems to have gotten several things fundamentally wrong in this attack, and dozens of civilians paid the price,” said Ole Solvang, deputy emergencies director at Human Rights Watch. “The US authorities need to figure out what went wrong, start doing their homework before they launch attacks, and make sure it doesn’t happen again.”


More here >>






Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Myanmar Persecution of Rohingya.

War Crimes in Yemen!

Published on 15 Dec 2016  - At least one child dies every 10 minutes in Yemen. That’s the conclusion of a report just published by the U.N. children’s agency, UNICEF. The report also found that there has been a 200 percent increase since 2014 in children suffering from severe acute malnutrition, with almost half a million affected. Nearly 2.2 million children are in need of urgent care. This comes as the country’s health system is on the verge of collapse, in part due to the ongoing U.S.-backed Saudi bombing of Yemen. Since the bombing began in March 2015, more than 10,000 people have died and 3 million have been displaced in the conflict. The U.S. has been a major backer of Saudi Arabia’s bombing campaign. In 2015 alone, the United States approved more than $20 billion in military sales to Saudi Arabia. U.S.-made munitions have repeatedly been found at the scene of Saudi-led bombings where civilians have been killed. For more, we speak with award-winning journalist Iona Craig. She was based in Sana’a from 2010 to 2015 as the Yemen correspondent for The Times of London.





Yemen - belligerent nations are Saudi & US




Friday, July 8, 2016

Iraqi Exile: U.K. Iraq Inquiry Confirms the War Was Based on a Lie

In Iraq, the death toll from Saturday’s car bombing in Baghdad has topped 250, making it the deadliest car bombing in Iraq since the 2003 U.S. invasion. While Iraq is in a state of mourning, a long-awaited British inquiry into the Iraq War has just been released. It blames former British Prime Minister Tony Blair for deliberately exaggerating the threat posed by Saddam Hussein in the lead-up to the Iraq War. We speak with Iraqi exile Sami Ramadani, who campaigned against U.S.-led sanctions and the invasion and occupation of Iraq.





Saturday, November 7, 2015

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Israel's ethnocracy : treatment of Ethiopian Jews



Lia Tarachansky (speaker) is an Israeli-Russian journalist and documentary filmmaker who previously reported for The Real News Network on Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories. Born in the Soviet Union, Tarachansky grew up in a settlement in the occupied West Bank.

Full Script here : http://goo.gl/yIzbm3



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Drone Warfare Civilian drone deaths triple in Afghanistan, UN agency finds

Reaper UAV - UK Ministry of Defence/Flickr
Drones accounted for a third of all civilian deaths in air strikes. (Photo: Defence Images)
Civilian drone deaths in Afghanistan tripled last year, according to a report by a UN agency. Forty-five civilians died in drone strikes in 2013.
The report, by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (Unama), found that drone strikes accounted for at least a third of all civilian deaths in air strikes last year. Unama notes that it is sometimes difficult to establish which type of aircraft carried out a strike, so the true total could be higher.
The UK and US are the only countries to operate armed drones in the conflict. A December 2012 report by the Bureau found that the two forces had carried out over 1,000 drone strikes in the country in the previous five years. British drones have carried out over a fifth of all these strikes, despite having a much smaller fleet.
Unama identifies 19 separate incidents in which civilians were killed. It raises concerns about ‘possible negligence’ by international troops over a drone strike on September 7 2013 in which local officials immediately claimed civilians had died. The governor of Kunar province, where the attack took place, told Reuters: ‘Four women, four children, two drivers, a merchant and three suspected (insurgents) were killed.’
 ‘The apparent failure of international forces to identify the presence of a group of women and children… could suggest negligence’
- Unama report
‘During Unama’s initial meetings with Isaf on the incident Isaf denied the possibility of civilian casualties,’ the report notes. Isaf claimed a senior insurgent had probably been killed and the dead were ‘insurgents’, although it did not identify them.
‘After multiple meetings in which Unama called for a review of the incident, Isaf confirmed two civilian deaths “one female and one child” and “would not rule out the possibility of another woman’s death,’ Unama’s report adds.
Unama conducted over 50 interviews with relatives of victims, community representatives, and Afghan and Isaf officials, and found that the attack killed 10 civilians and seriously injured a four-year-old girl. It notes that Isaf has not published the results of any investigation into the incident or indicated any change in its targeting policies.
‘The apparent failure… of international forces to identify the presence of a group of women and children in a vehicle prior to engaging the vehicle with a UAV/RPA [drone] strike could suggest negligence,’ Unama notes. ‘Of further concern, was the apparent failure of international military forces to confirm the identity and/or status of the men accompanying the fighter targeted by international military forces.’
Isaf spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Will Griffin told the Bureau that after Isaf investigated, it ‘acknowledged responsibility for at least three civilian casualties’.
 ‘We certainly respect the work that Unama does in this regard and agree that any civilian casualty is one too many’
- Isaf spokesman
He added: ‘Isaf identified a target individual in a vehicle and followed him to an area remote from villages and apparent civilians. In spite of persistent observation, unknown to ISAF there were at least three civilians located in the vehicle with the target. Although ISAF’s engagement was successful against the insurgent target, regrettably the strike resulted in three other casualties. One of these was a four-year-old child, for whom ISAF took responsibility for sending to the US for advanced medical treatment.’
Asked about the disparity between Isaf’s casualty count and Unama’s, he pointed to ‘variance between the sources and methodolgies used by Isaf and Unama to verify information’. He added: ‘We certainly respect the work that Unama does in this regard and agree that any civilian casualty is one too many.’
Unama does not state which force operated the drone. A Los Angeles Times report on the strike, published in December 2013, mentioned discussions with US officials about the strike. Philip Hammond, the British defence minister, wrote in the Guardian in December 2013 that only one attack by a British drone has killed civilians – a March 2011 attack, in which four farmers were killed.
The numbers killed in air strikes represented a tiny fraction of the overall violence captured in Unama’s report. After a decline in civilian deaths in 2012, last year they rose again to approach 2011′s record highs. Nearly 3,000 non-combatants were killed, including 1,300 women and children.
Three quarters of the deaths were caused by the Taliban and other insurgents, with improvised explosive devices alone killing almost 1,000 civilians. International air operations represented 2% of all civilian deaths, and declined by 10% compared to 2012.
The rising civilian toll in drone strikes is in stark contrast to the CIA’s operations over the border in Pakistan, where the Bureau has found drones killed a maximum of four civilians in the year’s 27 drone operations. However civilian casualties also rose in US drone operations in Yemen, where at least six civilians were killed in a US military strike that reportedly attacked a wedding procession.
Original here >>>
Follow Alice Ross on Twitter. Sign up to the drones newsletter.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Israel Proposes Illegal Separation Wall as the Border of Future Palestinian State

Published on 7 Nov 2013 | Shir Hever: Israel's proposal to annex more than 10% of the West Bank illustrates its rejection of International Law.





Monday, November 4, 2013

A Drone Killed My Grandmother | EXCLUSIVE Interview with the Rehman Family

Published on Oct 30, 2013 | Abby Martin's exclusive interview with the Rehman family, who lost their grandmother due to an American drone strike. The Rehmans came to the US from the North Waziristan region of Pakistan to testify in front of Congress about the horrors of living under drones. Abby also speaks with Jennifer Gibson, a lawyer traveling with the family about what it will take to end drone policy.




Sunday, November 3, 2013

Palestinians losing hope over settlements

Published on 3 Nov 2013 | John Kerry is due to visit Israel and the Occupied West Bank later this week. The trip is part of an effort to revive peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. But Palestinians are losing hope there is anything left for them to gain.Al Jazeera's Stephanie Dekker reports.





Thursday, October 31, 2013

Netanyahu's Greater Israel Based on Expulsion and Annexation

Published on 30 Oct 2013 | In this episode of Reality Asserts Itself with Paul Jay, Max Blumenthal, author of Goliath - Life and Loathing in Greater Israel, looks at PM Netanyahu's strategy of ethnic cleansing and negotiations without end.




Monday, October 28, 2013

Those at the receiving end!

Refugees in the world today! Where are they from? Extracts from & courtesy of Al Jazeera News.





First-Ever Case : Canadian Mining Company To Trial In Canada For Alleged Abuses Abroad

Published on 27 Oct 2013 | The trial of HudBay Minerals marks a first-time legal precedent of a Canadian company being held to account in Canadian courts for alleged shootings and gang rapes in Guatemala.